So, first the prototype:
For programming I used the example in the first link above and changed the value associated with the count variable to include larger numbers of LEDs. I still don't really understand how the program works and ultimately I would like it to do something a little different than it does so I will have to figure that out later. But since that worked for 16 LEDs I started working on a more permanent version. That work in progress is below. There is a lot of soldering to do. By the time I finish, he will be in college:
|All 6 LED drivers are soldered in and I tested the circuit to make sure my sloppy soldering |
would work with one LED, which I was lucky enough to catch blinking for the camera.
|Sloppy soldering...I will blame the cheap soldering iron until|
I get a better one and will have no excuse.