Friday, June 30, 2023

Mycelium Bluetooth Speaker

 


Someone gave me the electronics to a bluetooth speaker so I figured I had to make a mycelium case for it.First I activated the GIY Material from Grow.bio according to their instructions by adding flour and water. After 5 days it was good and white.















I added more flour and mixed the material, then pressed it into molds for a few different projects. For the speaker I was using a part from an IKEA light fixture to make the dome shape.











After letting the mycelium grow in the molds for several days I took them out and kept them covered for another couple days for the mycelium skin to grow over the outside.












I baked them at 200 degrees F and set them outside in the sun for a couple days to stop the growing process. And here is the assembled finished product. The speaker parts fit perfectly and wood screws with widely-spaced threads were good for securing all the parts together. It actually sounds good!





No comments :